District News from Superintendent David Bottem
Needed, Substitute Bus Drivers!
If you or someone you know is interested in work as a part-time bus driver, please contact Bruce Kempf for more information. Bruce can be reached at (218) 389-3002 or by email at email@example.com. Please talk to any of the District’s current school bus drivers about their job. They are all excellent professional drivers, and can speak to the job of driving a school bus.
The Barnum School District needs substitute bus drivers now! Thank you for your consideration.
- At their regular March meeting, the Barnum School Board approved work to improve the light and sound system in the High School Auditorium. New technology will allow you to view live events through streaming on the District’s Facebook page. The sound and light updates will greatly enhance your experience at concerts and plays. Work will begin following the Spring Fever Days Miss Barnum Pageant.
- The elementary gym floor will be refinished and repainted.
- Worn carpet will be replaced at the elementary school.
- The high school band room will get new cabinets and shelves, designed for specific instruments and specific purposes. The new cabinets will replace the existing hodgepodge of cabinets, and will provide more band room space.
- LED lighting will be installed in the high school locker rooms and teachers’ workroom.
- Together the City of Barnum and the Barnum School District will pay for the RJM Park tennis courts to be resurfaced.
The Barnum School District is putting new effort into increasing its social media presence to better share and celebrate with our community all the great things that go on here each and every day. Please visit the District’s Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram pages to see what is happening. If you like what you see, please let us know. You can find a link to all three on the bottom of the school district’s home web page at isd91.org.
The Barnum School Board, at their regular March meeting, accepted the resignation/retirement of fifth grade teacher, Rita Johnson. Rita began her teaching career in Barnum in September 1983. Rita is an excellent teacher and she will be missed by her colleagues and her students and their parents. Thank you and congratulations Rita!