Welcome to the 2018 – 2019 School Year!
The 2018 – 2019 school year begins for Barnum’s students in Grades 1 – 12 on Tuesday, September 4, 2018. It begins on Wednesday, September 5, 2018, for the Kindergarten students. Custodians, office staff, cooks, nurse, transportation personnel, groundskeepers, paraprofessionals, teachers and administration have been busy preparing for the new school year. Thank you, staff!
Several new staff members will be joining our school this fall, and I invite you to join me in welcoming them to our district:
New Elementary Staff – Judi Vitito, Elementary Principal and Spencer Walton, Music Teacher
New High School Staff – Breanna Hattenberger, Spanish Teacher
Douglas Hoffman, Building Supervisor, retired this summer after forty-four years of service to the Barnum School District. We would like to wish him the best in his retirement and thank him for his extraordinary service to our school community. Thank you, Doug!
This summer, as in past summers, we have been busy with building repairs and updates:
- The new parking lot at the Elementary School is complete, and all of the parking lots were repaired, sealed and relined.
- Six high school rooms have new carpet.
- The high school office has been updated.
- The high school commons and athletic hallways have a new look.
- The elementary school’s music room and two additional classrooms now have air conditioning.
- Brick walls on the roof of the high school were clad with metal paneling to prevent water from entering the building.
In order to increase communication with our community, the Barnum School Board voted at its July 17, 2018, meeting to add a second Board meeting per month, beginning in August 2018. School Board meetings will now take place at 6:30 p.m. on the first and third Tuesday of every month in the District Office Board room of the high school.
Please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, You Tube or the District website at (www.isd91.org), so that we may share the exciting changes and events happening in your School District each day throughout the year, as well as keep you informed of important announcements in real time.
Welcome back to a new school year!
District Office Summer Hours thru August 31
Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.