BARNUM SCHOOL VISION
The Barnum School District will provide a personalized learning environment utilizing the best teaching practices to insure a productive citizenry, which values a lifelong celebration of learning.
School Board Goals for FY21 and FY22
- The Barnum School Board supports staff development/collaboration of best practices through Professional Learning Communities and the Northeast Area School Consortium, to enhance student learning.
- The Barnum School Board supports the growth of digital learning through a robust digital infrastructure, Learning Management System, and the ongoing 1:1 initiative, kindergarten through twelfth grade, to meet the diverse needs of all learners.
- The Barnum School Board supports offering students multiple and diverse learning opportunities. These opportunities include the fine arts, co-curricular activities, and enhanced academic offerings, which promote life skills.
- The Barnum School Board will demonstrate fiscal responsibility by maintaining a minimum unassigned general fund balance of two to four months of expenses.
- The Barnum School Board supports the maintenance of and improvements to the District’s buildings and grounds to enhance learning, working, and community pride.
School Board Approved August 18, 2020